You have no items in your shopping basket.
Apple and Plum Crumble
This is a dual-use recipe - perfect for serving hot as a pudding and cold as a cake. Either way, it’s delicious!
- A little butter, for greasing
- 200g whole meal self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g butter - melted
- 150g light Muscovado sugar, plus a little extra
- 2 Pink Lady apples - cored and thinly sliced
- 3 plums - pitted and sliced
- 40g pecan halves
- 20g butter
- 20g light Muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Position an oven shelf in the center of the oven. Grease the Le Creuset Stoneware Heart Casserole with a little butter.
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon, porridge oats, salt and lemon zest. Stir in the melted butter and Muscovado sugar.
- Tip half the mixture into the casserole and press it down lightly. Arrange half the apples and plums on top in an even layer. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice, then tip the remaining cake mixture on top, pressing it down lightly. Arrange the remaining apples and plums over the surface, then sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice and a little extra sugar.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- To decorate, heat the pecans in a dry frying pan for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then scatter them over the cake. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in the pan and let it bubble up for a few seconds, then drizzle over the top. Cool completely if serving as a cake, otherwise serve immediately.
- If serving as a pudding, accompany with crème fraiche, cream, ice cream or custard.