You have no items in your shopping basket.
Tarte au Citron
This scrumptious dessert bakes to perfection in our cast iron Tarte Tatin.
Serves 8 -10
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 175g (6oz) plain flour, sifted
- 75g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 60g (2oz) icing sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125g (4oz) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 5 large eggs
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 375ml (3/4 pt) double cream
- Little icing sugar for dusting
- Sift the flour, salt and icing sugar together in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and add the water. Bring together to form a dough, cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface and a rolling pin with some flour and roll the pastry out thinly. Line a Le Creuset Bakeware 26cm quiche/flan tin. Chill in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Roll off the excess pastry with a rolling pin, line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake blind at 180°C/160°C fan /Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes. Remove beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the filling beat the egg and caster sugar together thoroughly, add the lemon juice and then stir in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into the baked pastry case and bake at 130°C /110°C fan/Gas Mark ½ for 35-45 minutes or until the filling is starting to set but is still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the tart from the tin on to a heat proof serving plate, sprinkle the surface with caster sugar and caramelise with a blow torch.